Tufty grass

noticed tufty patches of grass appearing on our lawn. Vaguely wondered about them.,

Just looked out of window and seen a magpie digging up patches with it's beak.

Never noticed that before (and I'm nearly 50). Now I know why everyone elses lawn has tufts too ....

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Ah yes, have you figured out what tasty morsel they are after?

Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

Not really - worms ?

My interest in things horticultural stops at grass cutting ...

Reply to
Jethro_uk

I can't raise that much interest!

Reply to
Capitol

Possibly leatherjackets. Which are bad news for your grass.

Over on uk.rec.gardening someone had their new lawn destroyed that way.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Possibly Frit fly. You get 3 generations per year.

Reply to
Tim Lamb