tubular latches needed - long length

Hi,

Moved to a new house (well built about 1930) and looking to change some of the door furniture on the internal doors upstairs. Currently they all have those 'roller latches'

which create a hell of a noise when closing doors - especially were kids are concerned! The door handles are the cermanic round type
.

The plan is to use the existing door handle locations (the bit where the spindle goes) and buy new latches like these

The problem being that the distance between the handle and edge of the door varies. the shortest being 87mm and longest 110mm.

Can anyone direct me where I can buy latches that would cover these distances (or be very close) ?

Thanks, John

Reply to
John

I can only see 102mm in Screwfix but have a look here .

?hl=en&q=Mortice+Latches+&meta=&rlz=

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Are you aware you can change the spring tension on most roller latches with a screwdriver? Also a spray of silicone grease may make them quieter

Reply to
John