Trying to use a Hyundai MS-01 Hand held A4 Scanner

Hi all, Having just bought a Hyundai MS-01 Hand held A4 Scanner.

I have read the User Manual but am confused!

Does the time setting affect the scanning time of a document? I cannot grasp how to set the time, and wonder why it is necessary And it would need re setting every time new batteries are installed?

On starting a scan the green light is on, and goes out when I begin moving the scanner along the document, the red light has not come on during this.

On scanning the green light goes off and I end up with a fraction of the document copied.

I found some videos on U Tube but they were in French or German!

I could really do with some advice! Thanks, Mick.

Reply to
Mick

Yes, buy a proper scanner. I never could move smoothe enough for a hand held to be satisfied.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Hi all, Having just bought a Hyundai MS-01 Hand held A4 Scanner.

First mistake....

I have read the User Manual but am confused!

Reading the manual... Hmmmmm Now you're fsked

Does the time setting affect the scanning time of a document? I cannot grasp how to set the time, and wonder why it is necessary And it would need re setting every time new batteries are installed?

Perhaps the clock is just there as a handy clock and to time stamp/date the scan as an identifier. Obviously hasn't got a memory to remember the time so changes each time the batteries are replaced. Translation from Frog to Engrish

4.3 Setting time
  1. Press [TIME SET] to enter the setting mode time
  2. The display shows 1 XX, press the (C / WB & DPI) to forward or backward selection numbers
  3. Press the (SCAN) key to confirm the setting
  4. The screen switches to the following settings in the following order
1 XX years 2 XX months 3 XX Date 4 XX hours 5 XX minute
  1. Once all of the information set, press once again the button (TIME SET) to exit

Whats difficult here then???

On starting a scan the green light is on, and goes out when I begin moving the scanner along the document, the red light has not come on during this.

Sounds like you need to practice the action. Google translate suggests from the Frog manual

One green LED scan Scan in progress

Reply to
Nthkentman

Hi, the difficulty is with me! I could not get the hang of setting a digital watch, and went for a self winder with just the winder button to set the time.

If the time setting is only for putting a date in the file, then I will ignore it, I thought that might be why the scaning stopped before I scanned the whole thing!

Thanks, Mick.

Reply to
Mick

you will get better results with a digital camera.

which you probably already own.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

There are free apps to convert snaps to pdf documents if you want to use your phone. My phone works quite well as a scanner unlike my DSLR.

Reply to
dennis

Odd. I only have a DSLR

Its brilliant.

As you say graphics tools like GIMP are totally capable of transforming between formats.

I am tending to photo all the manuals that come with products these days..you don't tend to lose hard disks.. :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The videos indicate it should stay green when scanning.

the red light has not come on

That suggests that perhaps the memory card in the scanner or your USB link is not fast enough to cope with the amount of data that you are attempting to transfer, or the card is not large enough.

Try scanning slower or at a lower resolution or Black/White.

Reply to
alan

I tend to download the pdfs, saves me the trouble of doing my own.

Reply to
dennis

If they are available, yes.

Reply to