trv4 lockshield

i bought a Drayton TRV4 + lockshield set, and found the lockshield is pretty much the same valve body as the TRV but with a plastic head that acts as a manual valve, operating the valve plunger as you turn it.

This surprised me - shouldn't the lockshield be set using a tool, with a cap that doesn't operate the valve? This one seems to make it too easy for someone to open/close the valve and unbalance the system.

I think I'll go and buy a more usual lockshield to use instead.

Reply to
cantaloupes

I don't know what kit you bought. However, a Drayton TRV4 includes the flow setting for balancing purposes in the base of the valve anyway. You need a special tool to set it. See the TRV4 instruction leaflet. I think most people ignore it and use the lockshield for balancing.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel