Trunking to go at the corner of a room

I would like to run some speaker cable up the corner of the room.

Ideally I would like triangular section or "quarter circle" (that is a quarter slice of a round cake) profile.

My Google skills don't seem to be up to finding any, and Wickes and Screwfix don't seem to stock any.

Is the answer to use square/oblong profile (which won't look quite as neat) or is there a supplier hiding from me?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Try B&Q, they do white plastic cable trunking.

Reply to
BobH

Duh! Quadrant trunking. As manufactured by D-Line, for one.

Reply to
David

D-Line make quadrant trunking that looks decent (by trunking standards):

Sold by TLC, Screwfix (or ToolSatan, I forget), Home base and maybe B&Q

Reply to
Tim Watts

In message , David writes

I used some that had a clip on curved front that looks quite respectable insitu. The big problem was fitting it, it has self-adhesive strips on each of the flat sides to stick to the walls where they meet in the corner. Great idea, but a pain to get both sides to stick at the same time.

I have no idea where I bought it, probably a B&Q though.

Reply to
Bill

When I have had similar problems with trunking on wiggly walls I find a well placed spot of hot melt adhesive usually does the trick.

Reply to
newshound

I've just done mine glued into the corner, with mastic over it and smoothed with a finger. Acceptably neat when painted over.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Oh, and I found it on Amazon. Price of £26.99 for 22mm * 1.5m.

This seemed a lot, so I asked how many pieces. Apparently just one.

Given that you can get 6 * 2m pieces for £24.99 from Screwfix this seems a tad expensive.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Previously I've used the oval section stuff to good effect; its rounded edges blended well when I stuck the stuff to the edge of a door frame, which also had rounded edges. It's not that one couldn't see the trunking, just that it didn't have sharp 90-degree corners to it. However the stuff doesn't have a prise-off lid, so is only suited to jobs where you can thread the cable through before fitting plugs to the end of the cable.

Reply to
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts