trousers for DIY

Mary Fisher coughed up some electrons that declared:

You know, Mary; blokes, power tools, beer, cotton dungarees.

And Kent. We're different down here - didn't you know?

But at least we leave the sheep alone...

;->

Reply to
Tim S

I know about blokes from Kent, no idea about distances ...

Lucky sheep! Would that you left the women alone :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Banjo's playing country music

Runs away rapidly..............

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Never drink out of adits!

Adits exist because there's something in that hill that's worth digging holes to get to it. Something metallic, probably something soluble. If it's an adit, you don't want to be drinking it.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

The "something metallic" is probably lead. The ground round here is a honeycombe of old lead mines. This was a proper public water supply not a private one and I don't think the adit used was an old mining one but one put in to get a water supply.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice