Trousers

Can anyone recommend some workwear trousers/dungarees/boiler suit? I'd quite like some with padded knees.

I usually use my most worn-out pair of jeans and throw away the "work" ones, but I've spent so much time in the work ones since we moved into the new house that they're knackered and my most worn-out pair of jeans are still perfectly serviceable. So I need to buy some working trousers.

Reply to
Huge

I've been using these for 10 years

David Lang

There is only one brand I wear.

Snickers. £50 a go but they do last 12 months even in my job.

The kneepads are extra although it is a piece of piss to make your own.

Reply to
ARW

Sadly, not large enough.

Reply to
Huge

Too small. It appears that most tradespeople are racing snakes.

Reply to
Huge

Just been upstairs to check, and I use Scruffs bought from Screwfix.

Worth dropping into your local branch to see what they have, and if there are any offers.

I have two pairs and two sets of knee pads.

They have worked well for me - I used to get housemaid's knee before having knee pads in the trousers. Been O.K. since.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

They do up to a 60" waist size if that is what you mean:-)

Reply to
ARW

Looking at the Scruffs website, again they don't go large enough.

Reply to
Huge

It is.

But their website is broken and plays sound at me. Big mark against.

Reply to
Huge

And then buy the same thing cheaper elsewhere.

Reply to
ARW

I bought some of these about three years ago

They're available in sizes to suit those of us not build like racing snakes, have stood up very well, only niggle is the knee pads naturally position themselves beneath rather than over my knees, leading to a little "jig" each time I kneel down to get them in place.

Consider getting the braces too and putting up with the "Tommy Walsh" piss-taking from your neighbours/wife/friends ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I bought mine from safetybootsuk.co.uk, size 062 (47Wx32L)

Reply to
Andy Burns

I buy 3XL.

David Lang

How 'huge' are you?

Reply to
David Lang

I bought 5 pairs of Dickies work trousers from their factory outlet via ebay when I retired 6 years ago.

Pair 1 and 2 are worn on alternate weeks every week and are just going through the outer, double knee section (worn without pads) I button replaced and one small pocket repair but otherwise perfect. Pairs 3 to 5 are still in their poly bags.

I'd certainly buy them again.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I buy clothes in Costco occasionally - they're cheap but good quality. For those who don't use Costco, it sells things (mainly food) in bulk, and being an Amercian company, much of it is US portion sizes. That seems to apply to a significant proprtion of the customers too. Just a week back I couldn't help noticing 3 extremely large ladies in the restaurant eating area eating two giant family pizzas between them, and with their shopping trolly next to the table containing just 3 large (catering size) cakes they just bought.

Anyway, it's no surprise that when I try to buy trousers there, I struggle to find any in 32" waist. Apparently, each box of 50 mixed size trousers they get in has only one 32" waist size in the box.

However, the workman's trousers they sell have loads in 32" waist. So it seems workmen are thinner, at least.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

It wouldn?t be hard to get someone to make you some.

That's what my morbidly obese mate ended up doing.

Reply to
hanja

Not this morbidly obese lard arse that needs a 60" waist.

have stood up very well, only niggle is the knee pads naturally

Reply to
hanja

What's up Wodders? Can't understand the PDF posted earlier?

Reply to
Andy Burns

That has no 60" waist and neither does the link above.

Reply to
hanja