Triton T80 Shower cutting out.....

Any Triton T80 experience out there please?
The shower has just started to cut out, at random times during use. It works again some time later. I've tried cleaning out the head, reducing and increasing water pressure, various temperatures and there appears no reason other than:
-is there a cut-out facility that has maybe got tired? And of so, it repairable/replaceable?
I'm reluctant to replace since I recall when I put this one in I had trouble re-routing the plumbing and wiring (pity there's no standard for the position of shower unit connections! ?) (or is there a modern replacement with the same position connections?)
Please save me from two teenagers screaming "the shower's packed up"!
Thanks BAH

Hi BAH,
Make sure that outlets are clean and clear, i.e. the shower hose isn't twisted or has collapsed, and that all electrical connections are fully made with no arcing occurring in switches or from the supply breaker.
The main cause I've seen for this is that the hose is beginning to perish and needs replaced. If you have the type of hose that is rubber tube wound over with metal cladding, then look along it's length for any bits that are crushed or opening up and trapping the rubber hose inside.
If the outlet hose is restricting the flow, the water is staying to long in the heater tank and this makes the thermostat cut out, so is one of the major culprits with the symptoms you're describing.
Good luck with it.
--
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

I cant offer any opinion as to what the problem might be caused by but as far as I know spares are still avaiable from triton or The Shower Doctor in Edinburgh . I have a Triton T80 that I previously used -it's problem was that I had to keep turning the temperature control up nearly to its highest position to get a decent heat so I replaced it . If its any good to you I can send it for the cost of the postage . Let me know if its any good to you. Stuart ---------
Remove YOURPANTS before E-mailing Me
If you thought the Triton 80 was bad, you should try the 70 (as fitted in my 4 year old flat originally).

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 23:14:33 +0100, "L Reid"

Homebase are doing a Triton Ivory 8.5KW on the 18th July at 62 -its their 10% off day . Stuart ---------
Remove YOURPANTS before E-mailing Me