Triton T80 replacement

Hi,

son's Triton T80 has decided to squirt water all over the internals of the shower, so I think it may be time to get an new shower.

As the Triton T80 is obsolete, does anyone know if any of the current Triton range are a direct swap? I'm thinking specifically about the incoming water and power. Mount holes lining up would be the icing on the cake!

I'm hoping the T80i (or T80Si - I think) would be the best hope. Son is on a budget so I'll be going for the cheapest fit.

A little birdie said that Wickes showers are made by Triton - true?

Thanks for any assistance offered.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

they have a shower replacement guide which may be of use.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

See

Shower replacement guide from index

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Guys, thanks for the responses - appreciated. The web site did not hold much in the way of info but it did give me the helpline number. Spoke to a VERY helpful lady who gave me a pile of information. I've reproduced it here in case it is of use to anyone else;

T80 replacement (for physical fit) is the T70Si or the T80Si equivalents can be found in:- Argos - Ivory 2 or Zanti Wickes - Aquatronic 2 or Aquatronic 3 Focus / do-it-all - Rapide 2 or Rapide 3

Hope this helps someone else.

cheers

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

Just out of interest .. our T80 'starting loosing water' (out the bottom and round the hole round where the hose joins) a few years back.

I stripped it down (it's like Lego in there) found the faulty part and bought a replacement from Triton for the fraction of the cost of a new one. Some years later it's still going strong ..?

All the best ..

T i m

I think it was the plastic temp adjustment body thing ..No 14 on their exploded diagram . (I can email you a copy if you contact me .. address is valid)

Reply to
T i m

I've got a T80. Sounds like what I had a few years back -very helpful lady said "Oh you mean the spaceship thing!" Replaced it and the unit's still going strong.

Roger (my reader sometimes loses mail/newsgroup messages

- if you think you should have had a reply/comment, please e-mail me again. Ta!)

Reply to
romic

Thanks for that Kevin, very usefull

Dave