triple extension ladder with gravity latches

I'm looking for a triple extension ladder about 3 - 3.5m closed (so I can carry it on the van roof). It's got to be a one-man lift (because I'm only one man :-)) so no more than about 25kg, and I don't want the push-up type with fixed hooks on the bottom rungs of the narrower sections so that you have to tilt the bottom end of the section away from the larger section to slide it up or down. When you're doing that with the middle section with the small section already fully extended it gets very difficult to control.

The rope-operated ladders generally have gravity latches and the sections are constrained by guides to run parallel to each other so you don't get this tilting out of control, but they seem to start at 4m and weigh a ton.

Anyone know if/where you can get reasonably lightweight ladders with gravity latches. I know they are (or were) made because my parents have an ancient long 2-section one, but My Friend Google hasn't found me one yet.

Reply to
YAPH

I have a C-Section ladder like at the bottom of this page,

has gravity latches

but note the warning in red

-
Reply to
Mark

I found one

some rugged proprietary catches
looked as if they should last all of 5 minutes on my planet ;-)

I've used one: I know what they mean. I think it instils in you a respect and caution for Working At Heights ;-)

Reply to
YAPH

mine is a four section 4x19 one that will reach the guttering on a 5 storey house, its needs a bit of respect at that height. i also have a conventional box section 3 piece ladder made by Lyte with the same catches but they don't seen to make them anymore.

Reply to
Mark