Tring to get a Shower extractor fan to work

I have already installed a shower light with fan, but this was not strong enough so I have insalled an additional fan no problems up til now. I have fedd the wiring back to the existing double switch again ok so far. Now the problem.

the back of the switch is as follows :

Top of switch

COM Existing Fan - Neutral (Black)

L1 Mains Neutral (Black sheathed Red)

L2 Empty

Bottom of switch

COM Mains Live (Red)

L1 Existing Fan Live (Red)

L2 Empty

The additional timer fan being installed has three wires L N LS and it is these that I am not sure where to connect. I have connected this with 3 core cable (L=Brown) (N=Blue) and (LS=Grey)

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciative

Thanks Panzer

Reply to
wysbob

L = live N = Neutral LS = switched live, to the light switch. This turns the fan on when the light is switched on.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Is this switch a double switch like this?

a fan switch like this?
it like the first one, as the description suggests, what does each switch do?

Reply to
Sparks

Assuming your switch is a double pole rather than a double gang you want to connect fan L & N to the respective switch COM live and neutrals then connect the LS to the L1 live.

Reply to
FKruger

There should really be a 3 pole isolation switch betweent the above connections and the new fan.

Reply to
FKruger