Trimming Solid Wood Floor

I have put down a solid wooden floor, but need to trim it at the door - can anyone recommend a tool for doing this accurately? I was looking at a Dremel type thing, but haven't heard great reports on it.

Thanks

Reply to
JonG

Do you mean that you have laid a floor on your floor thus raising the level and need to do something about the door?

No, too daft.

So what exactly do you mean? You need a finish to mate the floor of the room with the passageway floor?

Or do you just want permission to buy a new toy? Vagueness a strong point with you is it?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

I didn't think that was too vague!! I've run the floor a little too far beyond the door, and need to cut it back a bit.

This was the first floor I've put down myself - lesson learned, but still needs to be corrected.

Reply to
JonG

The message from "JonG" contains these words:

Straight-edge and a sharp chisel.

Reply to
Guy King

Er... I did this. With me it was a laminate floor poking too far into the door.I used a B&D Dremel type tool to do it. And yes I had to buy it to do the job. I seem to remember (previous house) that it took several of the standard cutting disks (goggles!), most of which ended up in hot fragments in my hair. The thresholdy thing then fitted nicely over the straight edge thus created.

Reply to
David

Router, then finish off at the edges with a weapon of choice.

Be interesting keeping a straight edge down to work to, but at least what is cut will be accurate and clean.

P.

Reply to
zymurgy

A few options, for just a single run a curved saw ought to do the trick well enough:

of with a sharp chisel or plane iron.

Reply to
John Rumm

Do you ever post a reply where you don't come over as an obnoxious git?

Reply to
John Rumm