Tried the new Polyfilla Stick"? What's it like?

I see that Polycell have a new product out (won an award last year) called "Polyfilla Stick". What have your experiences been of using it?

MM

Reply to
MM

At around £51-37 per Kg, I am not going to be answering your question in the near future!

Reply to
Rod

Dunno what you're thinking of, but it's £4.50 for 500ml

Reply to
cerberus

(bloody thing posted before I'd finished)

£4.50 per 500ml for hairline crack remover & £2.98 per 58g for Polifilla stick. A kilo would fill a hellova load of hairline cracks ;-)
Reply to
cerberus

But isn't it all about convenience?

MM

Reply to
MM

Umm, not quite sure what you actually meant there! :-)

2.98 for 58g works out to be 51.37 per Kg (approx.) (I think we agree on the price.)

Not sure what exactly you mean by "£4.50 per 500ml for hairline crack remover" - what product is that?

I just feel that at that sort of price, I would be doing almost anything rather than using it. Sure, you might only need a little in some circumstances, but it certainly would add up if you need more than a little.

Reply to
Rod

Agreed, but it's akin to saying a tonne of feathers are expensive.

It's another Polycell product, see;

I just feel that at that sort of price, I would be doing almost

A little goes a long way. Trouble is if you are going to need kilos of the stuff you might as well re-skim the wall.

Reply to
cerberus

I see. Not seen that before. Thanks.

Indeed, a tonne of feathers would be expensive. But sometimes you just have to convert to different measurements to appreciate just how expensive something really is.

Agreed about the skim in many ways. But sometimes finding someone skilled enough at the right time isn't so easy.

Reply to
Rod

But if you had only a couple of hairline cracks in each room, you'd hardly need a kilogram of filler! So what would be the point of buying a kg, then leaving 950g to sit in a cupboard, maybe for years, maybe getting damp? Plus, I assume that the Stick has been especially formulated to be suitable specifically for filling *hairline* cracks, whereas normal filler could be used for larger cracks. But what if one has no larger cracks? Makes sense to me. And, like I said, it won an award.

MM

Reply to
MM

builders... cracks...