Tricity Bendix Washing Machine - Model AW 1560 W

The water in my washing machine is not heating up, so I can only guess that the element needs replacing. Not able to do this myself as I haven't a clue how to go about it. Anyone know the cost involved in having element replaced?

Thanjs

Janet

Reply to
janbennett

2 mins on google gets this:
part, £29.69p

if you know someone who can use a screwdriver :-p , get them to take the back off (while it's unplugged) and install the new one.....a dedicated repair type person will probably charge you £100 ish

Reply to
Phil L

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 21:40:43 GMT, "Phil L" mused:

Back?

Some dedicated repair type persons may charge £100ish, some will charge around £65-70. Depends where you are in the country.

Reply to
Lurch

Could be the element, could also be a lose connection, could be something else. I wouldn't buy a new element on guesswork. Does the cycle abort at the point when it should be heating the water?

you phone a local repairer and describe the symptoms they will probably know what the fault is and give you a price for repair. I would guess at £50 to £80 if it needs a new element, unless you are in London.

Reply to
DIY