translucent white paint

"stuart noble" which is dull and lifeless by comparison.

Scumble glaze (?), which is meant to be mixed with a little white spirit and oil paint to achieve a see-through effect. You'll have to research it a bit,

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece

Does anyone know of a paint or coloured wood varnish that I could use on skirting boards and door of a bathroom that would look white but still let the grain show through??

Ray

Reply to
Ray Holden

Limewash Anna

~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England |""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs / ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc |____|

01359 230642

Reply to
Anna Kettle

Liquid gloss paint thinned with white spirit. I wouldn't use white emulsion, which is dull and lifeless by comparison. Lime would be too opaque IMO

Reply to
stuart noble

Sadolin do a "white wood stain", or at least they used to. I've used it on some wooden paneling in my conservatory and it looks very good.

Regards,

Paul.

Reply to
Paul

varnish tinted by appropriate paint eg acrylic varnish with acrylic paint ( from art supply shop ) or you might get away with emulsion for the paint but I havnt tried that.

Vista

Reply to
Vista

You might try Sikkens Cetol TS Interior in shade 030 (Opal White). Microporous; forty quid for 2.5 litres. At least three coats. It might be a little too translucent for you though.

Reply to
rrh