Transco site - gone! Who to call?

I need to get a 2nd gas main supply installed. I looked for Transco's webside, but it has ben replaced by "he National Grid" website which doesn't seem to provide contact details for someone wanting a new gas supply.

Anyone know the correct number to call?

Thanks,

Duke

Reply to
Duke

PS. The National Grid website seems very much 'under construction' at present. (Lots of dead links and such - and scarcely any useful contact info.)

Duke

Reply to
Duke

OK found it... thanks

Duke

Reply to
Duke

On Wed, 16 May 2007 10:38:20 +0100 someone who may be Duke wrote this:-

That depends on where you live, assuming you really do want a gas main.

If you want a gas supply to a building then that should be arranged via your gas supplier.

Reply to
David Hansen

All I really wanted was a second meter, (my house is divided into two one-bed flats) My gas supplier today said I would first have to contact Scotia Gas Networks (the co that suplies gas to all of Southern England) to start the ball rolling. After Scotia Gas had sent a bloke around to se the place, he said they would contact them with a pipe number and they (my gas supplier) would come and install a meter. I was hoping to avoid the expense of having a second mains supply pipe coming from the road, but it remains to be seen what Scotia Gas will allow. If anyone knows a clever way to avoid the expense of a second gas main from the road, please let me know!

Cheers,

Duke

Reply to
Duke

I assume by now you've found the national grid gas site

They've just cashed my cheque last week for a meter move - any guesses how long they'll take before they come and sort it out.

*BRRR* Thank god its not really cold.
Reply to
Mogga

|! |!I need to get a 2nd gas main supply installed. I looked for Transco's |!webside, but it has ben replaced by "he National Grid" website which |!doesn't seem to provide contact details for someone wanting a new gas |!supply. |! |!Anyone know the correct number to call?

I emailed National Grid stating where I am and they replied "Not Us! YEDL covers your area" or words to that effect.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Speak of the devil! The bloke turned up this afternoon and has given me a date for moving the meter. Hurray!

Reply to
Mogga

Is that place gas-fired now? They must just sit around if they do not have to stoke the fires anymore. Scargill has got a lot to answer for!! ;-)

The bloke turned up this afternoon and has given

Reply to
PJ

Interested in knowing what the cost will be ? Robert

Reply to
robert

Just over £500. There's a list of prices available for all the different bits on the national grid gas site

Reply to
Mogga