Trailer advice please!

Page 2 of 2

Hello Set

An "ish" good idea. Maybe. Although towbar failures weren't even mentioned in any accident statistics I've seen, I guess we've got to keep the paper shufflers in business.
What really IS annoying is the requirement now to provide proof of registration (V5 - not even having the car with you at the time is enough) when getting a trailer number plate made up. Apparently to prevent fraud, and it would seem that sticking plastic letters onto a shiny yellow plate in a random fashion is /completely/ beyond professional car thieves and will stop car theft in a single stroke so is well worth inconveniencing thousands of honest people.
--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK

OTOH, you do see a lot fewer of those ridiculous italic scripts nowadays.
Christian.