Tragic (avoidable) Fire Death

Remember a little while back there was a problem with fridge freezers catching fire? ISTR the manufacturer was a bit lax in making the problem public. Well this weekend an elderly lady in this area died in a fire in a bungalow despite having a fire alarm. Source of blaze was yes you've guessed it. Make of appliance not yet known.

Reply to
bert

In article , bert writes

I try to see the positive in every post but without a citation your post is at best worthless hearsay.

Reply to
fred

Well things do go wrong, and until you have more data on this one its pointless speculting. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

This one?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Andy Wade

In message , fred writes

I try to see some point in every post but this leaves me baffled.

Reply to
bert

That's the one.

Reply to
bert

Thank you Andy. I thought it was Beko but I didn't want to mention any names until I was sure. Hopefully I will soon know the make involved in the fire.

Reply to
bert

Well aware of that, no link as yet to that maker (yet) and no details were offered in the o/p, now provided by another helpful poster.

Reply to
fred

In article , bert writes

The point is that without a citation (now helpfully posted by another), your post is no more reliable than a few housewives gossiping at the corner of their street.

Reply to
fred

In message , fred writes

If you can't take my post at face value then please killfile me.

Reply to
bert

In article , bert writes

Ooooh, the drama . . . . .

Reply to
fred

The make in question was BEKO and applied to one or two particular models.

As I already owned a BEKO fridge-freezer I looked them up. And far from being cheap and cheerful BEKO was founded by some Turkish chap trying to replicate in Turkey the success Merloni had had with Indesit in Italy. By establishing a manufacturing base in Turkey to produce white goods of equivalent or better quality.

michael adams

michael adams

Please note that other makes of household appliance have also been known to catch fire.

Reply to
John Williamson

Shame the story doesn't mention the make of the defective fridge.

Reply to
John Williamson

That's not true though is it. The housewives would be the starting point for further investigation by those able or capable of doing so.

This is what happened with the jimmy saville case, just because a victim can';t say when where at what time and give all the information requitered doesn't make their input worthless.

Reply to
whisky-dave

This group is more like a group of (usually quite well informed) grumpy old men gossiping at the corner of their street. :-)

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

In article , Nightjar writes

That housecoat does _not_ suit you :-P

Reply to
fred

Oh come on! By that measure much of the net is worthless.

Reply to
dave

You are capable of using google I take it?

Reply to
dave