Tradesmen

In message , geoff writes

It's a country, just like Liechtenstein. A country can be a principality. a kingdom, a republic, etc., depending on its particular system.

Reply to
Peter Twydell

strictly a principality is one that has a prince, a country has a count, and a kingdom a king or queen.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That was a weak bite ...

Reply to
geoff

When were were an empire, we had an Emperor. When we were a kingdom we had a King. Now we're a country we have David Cameron.

Reply to
Skipweasel

:)

Reply to
S Viemeister

Ummm...did you mean county, not country?

Reply to
S Viemeister

S Viemeister wrote in news:8r5okpF2qpU1 @mid.individual.net:

Nonsense, it's an expensive irrelevance, a little like Scotland only thankfully less so.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Tabby saying something like:

If I'm waiting for a company/supplier to get back to me, it always pays to let the customer know what's going on, instead of letting them think they're being ignored or forgotten about. Simple, common courtesy is all it takes.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Skipweasel saying something like:

And the Countryside Alliance...

Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Grimly Curmudgeon saying something like:

Grimly Curmudgeon

Well the saga continues. Gave up on the first gas man as he wasn't even returning our calls when he promised, so had a new gas man in. He quickly diagnosed it as the divertor valve and promised to come back another day.

So he came with a replacement one. But it was the wrong divertor valve so had had to get another.

So he came the next day with the correct divertor value, but couldn't reattach the plate heat exchanger to it, so had to get a new plate heat exchanger.

Today he came with the new plate heat exchanger, re-attached everything and couldn't get it going. Says it needs a new PCB.

So I wonder what it will be next. All I wanted was hot water, not half a new boiler!!!!!!!

Philip

Reply to
philipuk

It could get complicated: