TPO's

Can the local do gooders put preservation orders on evergreen trees in my back garden, gonna have to cut several down for new extension, can the neighbours complain, non of the trees are obscuring views etc, simply for decoration, some have become to big for garden anyway, cheers Tel

Reply to
take away nojunk

Take a look at:

Andy Farrall

Chop 'em down before they do get a preservation order.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

yes - cut them down quick before they get wind of your intentions

Reply to
ng

Unless you're in a Conservation Area where they're protected already.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

OTOH, it appears from that link that planning permission overrides a TPO. Does the extension have/require PP?

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

basically any tree with a trubk of over 3 inch diameter can qualify , so get the chainsaw out quick.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

to a friend, the planner went straight back and organised a TPO!!! causing the plans to have to be changed!

The Q

Reply to
the q

Chainsaw oiled up and fuelled ready for action Saturday, cheers everyone for the "advice". Tel

Reply to
take away nojunk

snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnojunk (take away nojunk) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m11.aol.com:

No one's even considered asking the trees what they think about it. Typical.

Reply to
Sneezy

I side with that comment too. I happen to like trees.

What we need is one of those trees that appeared in the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

And I'll bet the tree doesn't get an oscar either. It'll probably be claimed it was a wooden performance.

PoP

PoP