TPO's

Can the local do gooders put preservation orders on evergreen trees in my back garden, gonna have to cut several down for new extension, can the neighbours complain, non of the trees are obscuring views etc, simply for decoration, some have become to big for garden anyway, cheers Tel

Take a look at:
http://www.naturenet.net/trees/tpo.htm
Andy

Chop 'em down before they do get a preservation order.
Christian.
Christian McArdle wrote:

Unless you're in a Conservation Area where they're protected already.

OTOH, it appears from that link that planning permission overrides a TPO. Does the extension have/require PP?
Christian.

the plans to have to be changed!
The Q

yes - cut them down quick before they get wind of your intentions

basically any tree with a trubk of over 3 inch diameter can qualify , so get the chainsaw out quick.
MrCheerful

Chainsaw oiled up and fuelled ready for action Saturday, cheers everyone for the "advice". Tel
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnojunk (take away nojunk) wrote in

No one's even considered asking the trees what they think about it. Typical.
--
john

"Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what

I side with that comment too. I happen to like trees.
What we need is one of those trees that appeared in the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
And I'll bet the tree doesn't get an oscar either. It'll probably be claimed it was a wooden performance.
PoP