Tpa blocking up?

One of those modern mono block mixer taps with the single lever which you lift for flow and move side to side for hot or cold. In a bath - fitted about 3 years ago. Low pressure system with header tank and storage for the hot. Hot is down to a trickle - and cold not much better. It's a hard water area. It was ok when new but now totally useless. Does that sort of tap get blocked in a hard water area?

It's going to be difficult to replace it as the floor was laid and skirting fitted after the bath side panel. So would like to be certain that is the problem.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ours has a removable nozzle. Quick soak in vinegar - job done.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Agreed. Look in the discharge, and see if there is an insert in there with a filter mesh. Remove, de-scale, re-insert. And install a water softener for the whole house.

Reply to
Davey

Right - passed on.

It seems there was one when they bought the house - but had it removed. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Have to admit, I couldn't see the Thyroid angle here. :-)

Reply to
polygonum

Bad, bad move! Remove a defective/dead one, yes, but replace it with a new one, surely? That's what we did.

Reply to
Davey

I'm told you had to dismantle a kitchen unit to re-fill it. And that there was no place for a dishwasher. So they decided to get rid and put a dishwasher in its place.

I'm in a hard water area and it's not a priority for me. I actually prefer the feel of hard water when washing.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The unit that was here when we moved in was a dead Calgon pellet type, and refilling it would have needed a contortionist. We replaced it with a unit that uses block salt, which is just dropped in with ease. I cannot easily explain it here, but that is the fact of it. A totally different approach, which now works just fine. As to preferring hard water, each to his own! Having seen the reduction in scale on taps etc, I have no doubt that having one here in East Anglia is worth it.

Reply to
Davey