tp-link router died

I try to mount my modem/routers, switches, access points and VOIP stuff vertically on wall mounted boards as I reckon the cooling will be better that way. We've not got enough to make rack mounting worthwhile.

Side benefits are they don't get kicked about and I don't have to bend down so far to work on them :-)

Reply to
fred

You'd be surprised by what some of the off-brands turn out to be based on when looking for firmware updates.

I wasn't claiming any such thing, just pointing out that the truth of the matter lies somewhere in between, as it so often does with such kit.

True enough, he was opining that _most_ of this kit was a matter of badge engineering based on just one or two reference designs, an opinion that's just as far off the mark as your claim to the contrary.

No, that's not just badge engineering but badge engineering of the worst kind, the kind you wouldn't want to touch, not even with a bargepole.

Reply to
Johny B Good

hour or so. I

Maybe I shouldn't throw it away then, however I suspect it would go into th at box of things that I really should throw away, to be fixed one day. If I manage to keep stuff long enough I could fix them in my retirement, but I' m sure the stuff would be obsolete by then. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson