Towing vehicle with a rope

no. hear hear as in 'hear him, hear him'

The Natural Philosopher

In message , "dennis@home" writes

I presume that was the only way he could overtake you

Reply to
geoff

In message , "dennis@home" writes

How is Rhyl this time of year?

Reply to
geoff

:-) I knew someone who had a trailer hitch on their vehicle for that sole possibility (well, not BMW-specific, just the offchance that someone would slam into them) - they never had any intention of actually using it for the intended purpose.

The ones I hate are those who pull out of a side-road right in front of you (we get a lot of 30mph side-roads onto 55mph main roads where I am), even when you have a completely clear road behind you, and if they'd only waited a second or two... it's like they haven't even scanned the road at all and have just thought "uh oh, car coming, better go now".

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

get the computer out of where?

Reply to
Jules Richardson

He keeps a laptop in the freezer, to prolong battery life.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

OK, that was almost infinitely less disturbing that whatever I was thinking.

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Hmm. I saw a Rangie hit from the rear on a motorway at speed by an ordinary car. Not going very much faster either. It flipped over. And over. And over. The car stopped safely.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

And, of course, never accelerate quickly up to the speed limit. In such a hurry they have to pull out and force you to slow - but then dawdle.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'd happily put wager on everyone who does that, suggesting that they will turn off again in a short distance. The more pushy they are, the shorter the distance before turning off. Might lose the odd one, but not many IME.

Reply to
polygonum

In message , hugh writes

My Hilux one works.

Unfortunately this particular BMW was black, driving on sidelights and not visible in my mirrors. So I reversed into him! Visible damage was only the number plate but who knows what the insurers made of it.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

It doesn't work. We've run Land Rovers of one kind or another for 20 years now, and they all have 1/2 ton of rusty scrap iron with a ball hitch on it hanging off the back. We still get tailgated.

Reply to
Huge

dennis and speed limits do not mix. The special needs jellyfish seems to want to drive at exactly the maximum speed limit regardless of the road conditions.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

At least a Landie makes a mess of the tailgater if the inevitable happens. About eight years ago someone in a Rover 800 tailgated my SIII most of the way down a country lane towards where I was working at the time. As we got close to the gate the car in front stopped and the Rover driver ran into the back of the Landie. The bang took out his radiator and both headlights/wings and chipped some paint off the rear crossmember of the Landie.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Its a laptop.

Reply to
dennis

Ask the doctor to increase your dose, dennis: its obvious you are still completely irrational.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

And then turn off again 50 yards up the road

Reply to
hugh

Don't confuse Range Rovers with proper Land Rovers

Reply to
hugh

In message , Tim Lamb writes

The whiplash claim?

Reply to
hugh

In message , hugh writes

Nothing said.

I think they had simply got too close because I was footling about having missed the *entry* to a shed car park. Further back, I would have seen them and they could have thought of sounding the horn.

There is an apocryphal tale of somebody ridiculing the suggestion that car bumpers should all be the same height on the basis that you couldn't compare a mini and a rolls. Apparently, at that time, they were the same!

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb