towel rails / electric elements

Anyone know if the ones screwfix sell are IPX4 or higher ? (they don't give out any clues)

I'm wondering whether it'd be safe to fit one at the end of the bath - with the cable fed down conduit in the (to be tiled) wall, with a connection made remotely - probably using a waterproof box, and flex to a spur in a more accessible place (probably in a cupboard under the sink). Using a spur still seems a little like overkill to me, considering i'm looking to fit one of the 30mA garage units a few more feet away to provide the supply :-}

I've seen other websites mention RICA elements as being IPX4 (might have even been IP55), but i'm not sure if the RICA screwfix ones are the same...

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Colin Wilson wrote: > Anyone know if the ones screwfix sell are IPX4 or higher ? (they don't > give out any clues) >

I have the leaflet supplied with the Screwfix 150W element in front of me. It is useless.

"If sited in the bathroom, the Fused Connection Unit must be located out of reach of persons using the basin, shower or bath" is the closest they come to quoting an IP rating.

They do give a number for a "Customer Care Line" - 0845 2300253.

Reply to
Kevin Poole

Cheers - don't think i'll bother calling it given what you've already said :-}

Reply to
Colin Wilson