Towel rail radiator

We have a nice brass towel with a radiator set into the middle of it. I am pretty sure that this is run off the hot water system, and the radiator has started to rust badly. The rad is ordinary pressed steel, but it has lasted at least 10 years, so I would like to replace it like for like if possible.

The connection is with 4 holes (2 top, 2 bottom) each about 22 mm, with a male thread on them. The rad is 530 mm high (measured from middle of top inlet to middle of bottom inlet). It is 790 mm wide.

I would rather replace the rad than replace the whole towel rail, but I have no idea where to get a radiator to fill the gap with the right fittings on it. Can any of you knowledgeable guys help, please?

Reply to
GB

I bet that scratches when drying yourself :o)

Sorry, can't help with your problem but couldn't resist the comment.

John

Reply to
John

Kindly insert rail.

I'll leave you to decide where would be best ;-)

Reply to
GB

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 13:21:21 -0000 someone who may be "GB" wrote this:-

Radiator manufacturers?

I imagine that "standard" size radiators are used in such towel rails, not special sizes. If that is the case then check with them, if that is not the case check with those who make "non-standard" size radiators.

Reply to
David Hansen