Towel Radiators

Hi all. The towel radiators that are a combination of conventional panel radiator and surrounding pipework usually brass.

Could one of these be knocked together with a bog standard radiator and a few lengths of brass/copper tubing, elbows, t-joints etc?

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

Yes. If you get a twin-panelled radiator, you can slide a piece of board down each end, inside the cross-bracer, to rest on the rad. in/outlets. You can then make a shelf between the uprights, and add cross-pieces above, ladder- fashion. The whole lot can be varnished off and looks great!

J.B.

Reply to
Jerry Built

Don't see why not

Reply to
Rick Dipper

We have a smart (chromium plated) device which hooks on our panel radiator in the bathroom. Its particular appeal is that between the two hooks are two pipes, one a smaller diameter than the other so that it slides in and enables lengthening or shortening of the rail to accommodate different sizes of radiators.

I've never seen one a shop (don't shop much) and we didn't buy it, it's the most useful thing we inherited from Spouse's father's house but I'm sure it wasn't a one-off.

The radiated heat from the panel dries and warms the towels hanging on the rail very effectively - when the ch is on of course.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher