Touch sensitive Light switch for bathroom

Page 1 of 4
Is there such a thing available as a touch sensitive light switch suitable for bathroom use? I hate that CUDONK of the pullcord! thanks

Yes, if it's fitted outside the bathroom area. In fact, any switch can be fitted outside the bathroom area, and it is only a limited few that can be installed within the bathroom.
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Zones in the bathroom (that may be what BigW meant by "bathroom area"). Roughly: in and right above the bath, no steenkin' switches barring controls on electric showers (Zone0 & Zone1); arm's reach of the bath (Zone2), pullcords only; Zone3 (further out to 2.4m) "normal" switches now permitted.
"Permitted" doesn't mean "brilliant idea", mind; for a touch-sensitive switch I'd want to know how it worked (there used to be some built in to metal lamps which gave a distinct little tingle when you touched 'em: *not* what I want in a bathroom, and equipotential-bonding such a switch's metal exposed-conductive-part would make it Not Work anyway! - whereas a non-contact capacitive type would be sensible).
HTH, Stefek

But remember, folks, it's perfectly legal to carry a bucket of water aound and use light switches.
Mary

But not to sensible to stand in a metal bucket full of water with wet hands and then use touch sensitive light switches. :-))
Try different makes of switches - some may not CUDUNK as much. Mine goes CERLICK.
--

Regards

John

"BigWallop" <spamguard@_spam_guard.com> wrote in message
"John" wrote | > "dave" wrote | > > Is there such a thing available as a touch sensitive light | > > switch suitable for bathroom use? I hate that CUDONK of | > > the pullcord! | Try different makes of switches - some may not CUDUNK as much. Mine goes | CERLICK.
Mine goes CLI-CLI-DUNK! - I think it's loose on its mounting screw, that'll be Next Month's Little Job.
The OP could try a Dimpull:
Pull cord dimmer http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/TLPCD51.html http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Other/Dimpull.htm
Also says it is suitable for use with bathroom fans.
Owain
Hi,
we have a dimpull and its virtually silent. Now I just need an aquarium heater so I can dim the lights and fall asleep in the bath indefinately.
Bax

coming on here, lets sample them all...
--
Tim Mitchell

writes

ROFL !!!
Like the old Morecambe and Wise sketch that went,
"Boom Oo Ra Ta Ta Tat. Are you lonesome tonight. Are your bra straps to tight. Do your corsets keep drifting apart. Are your shoes wearing thin. Is there gaps when you grin. I'll tell you dear, no wonder your lonesome tonight." :-))
dave wrote:

Steve
replying to dave, Adrianne wrote: I have a sensor in my bathroom. Everytime someone goes in, the light comes on. Would need an electrician to fit it.
On Mon, 17 Oct 2016 14:14:01 +0000, Adrianne wrote:

Yes, but....that question was posed (and answered) in 2003. Not this week.
On 15:48 17 Oct 2016, Bob Eager wrote:

The technology for this sort of thing has probably moved on in the 13 years. :-)

To some extent, particularly with you now being able to use your mobile phone to do it. Not sure how many would bother tho and would prefer a wired one still.
I've just bought a house for the kids and have been doing some of the usual maintenance stuff that any house purchase involves when the house isnt a new build. It has two bathrooms/toilets which both have those combined light/fan/heater things in the ceiling. Both are identical and each have remotes to control the light/fan/heater.
One of the remotes is long gone and the other was no longer working and had lost its battery cover. The manufacturer is still around but no longer does any of those with remotes so can't supply spare remotes.
It is possible to buy the same thing with remotes from another manufacturer, but the chances of it being an easy drop in swap are very poor and obviously a silly price. No easy way of having wired switches instead.
I did manage to dissemble the remaining remote and get it going again, but it may not be viable for long and need another anyway.
It would be great if it were possible to get some dirt cheap android smartphones that can replace remotes and use those as new remotes and just leave those phones in a holder in each bathroom.
The place is currently being rented out until the kids move back here.
On Tuesday, 18 October 2016 21:19:26 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

well when IoT really takes off you'll be able to contol everything via a mobile.

With TV remotes yuo can get ones which learn your from other remotes (programable) I'm not sure if this will work with remote dimmers, it can;t be a very difficult 'code' to crack if there is one.
I was using the TV remote the other night and my dyson fan heater switched off. I tried doing it again but not sure whether the volume wass being changed or the channel.

You've been believing adverts again. Can you imagine the cost of adding the control gear to your house so every item can be controlled by your mobile? Even the ones where it looks like it makes sense? Like heating or hot water?
--
*If a mute swears, does his mother wash his hands with soap?

from KT24 in Surrey, England

On Thursday, 20 October 2016 15:02:24 UTC+1, charles wrote:

You can buy water proof phones you know. Personally I'd still avoid droping them in tolets at music festivals, but that's up to you. My dad when he got his ipod so he didn;t drop it he got a case that had a wrist strap on it, strange no one else has every thought of such a thing.

Possibly rain resistant ones.

I avoid doing that by not going to music festivals
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England