Touch sensitive Light switch for bathroom

Is there such a thing available as a touch sensitive light switch suitable for bathroom use? I hate that CUDONK of the pullcord! thanks

Reply to
dave

Yes, if it's fitted outside the bathroom area. In fact, any switch can be fitted outside the bathroom area, and it is only a limited few that can be installed within the bathroom.

Reply to
BigWallop

While the blanket statement was true until the 16th Edn, we now have Zones in the bathroom (that may be what BigW meant by "bathroom area"). Roughly: in and right above the bath, no steenkin' switches barring controls on electric showers (Zone0 & Zone1); arm's reach of the bath (Zone2), pullcords only; Zone3 (further out to 2.4m) "normal" switches now permitted.

"Permitted" doesn't mean "brilliant idea", mind; for a touch-sensitive switch I'd want to know how it worked (there used to be some built in to metal lamps which gave a distinct little tingle when you touched 'em:

*not* what I want in a bathroom, and equipotential-bonding such a switch's metal exposed-conductive-part would make it Not Work anyway!

- whereas a non-contact capacitive type would be sensible).

HTH, Stefek

Reply to
stefek.zaba

But remember, folks, it's perfectly legal to carry a bucket of water aound and use light switches.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Try different makes of switches - some may not CUDUNK as much. Mine goes CERLICK.

Reply to
John

"John" wrote | > "dave" wrote | > > Is there such a thing available as a touch sensitive light | > > switch suitable for bathroom use? I hate that CUDONK of | > > the pullcord! | Try different makes of switches - some may not CUDUNK as much. Mine goes | CERLICK.

Mine goes CLI-CLI-DUNK! - I think it's loose on its mounting screw, that'll be Next Month's Little Job.

The OP could try a Dimpull:

Pull cord dimmer

says it is suitable for use with bathroom fans.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

You might find a battery powered X10 switch that can do what you want.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

But not to sensible to stand in a metal bucket full of water with wet hands and then use touch sensitive light switches. :-))

Reply to
BigWallop

Hi,

we have a dimpull and its virtually silent. Now I just need an aquarium heater so I can dim the lights and fall asleep in the bath indefinately.

Bax

Reply to
Baxter Basics

In article , Owain writes

mine goes ca-ping!! in a musical twangy sort of way. I feel a symphony coming on here, lets sample them all...

Reply to
Tim Mitchell

ROFL !!!

Like the old Morecambe and Wise sketch that went,

"Boom Oo Ra Ta Ta Tat. Are you lonesome tonight. Are your bra straps to tight. Do your corsets keep drifting apart. Are your shoes wearing thin. Is there gaps when you grin. I'll tell you dear, no wonder your lonesome tonight." :-))

Reply to
BigWallop

replying to dave, Adrianne wrote: I have a sensor in my bathroom. Everytime someone goes in, the light comes on. Would need an electrician to fit it.

Reply to
Adrianne

Yes, but....that question was posed (and answered) in 2003. Not this week.

Reply to
Bob Eager

The technology for this sort of thing has probably moved on in the

13 years. :-)
Reply to
pamela