Totally OT why am I a minority

You aren't.

Reply to
Sangmo

You've got Wodney on your side. Be afraid. Very afraid.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

En el artículo , Mike Barnes escribió:

Amen to that.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Its bullshit. I've had kids borrow tools to DIY, usually their desks to mount their games machines on etc and their bikes etc.

Reply to
Sangmo

Or people who make noise for you.

Feminist are easily offended on behalf of others.

Reply to
ARW

En el artículo , Dave Plowman (News) escribió:

FFS. It /is/ Wodney you're replying to, using one of his many nyms.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I was telling Broadback. ;-)

Who is probably just trolling too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You are unique, you are a minority of one.

Reply to
dennis

Cos you are!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Have you tried registering your children to start school?

I went through this 20+ years ago twice with our three. (Twice as they include twins.)

The first time, after a couple of questions, I said. "Let me stop you. Before we go any further, my wife and I are married, we live in the same house, xxxx is our daughter. Please assume that for all further questions."

Rather surprised, the lady explained that was actually quite unusual. I confess I was quite shocked, the school is in an affluent area, far from 'run down' etc.

The second time, I simply made a similar statement at the beginning.

When I began teaching some years later, I discovered that the lady was correct. It wasn't at all unusual to find pupils had different names to their parents or had siblings of different names etc. Obviously not an issue from the view point of how you deal with pupils, unless there are some problems it causes. Schools are required to record and monitor such problems and mitigate them. Obviously such details are handled with care. Different names can lead to confusion on parents' evening if the parent gives their name and not that of their child!

Having been married nearly 40 years, I am rarely find people of my age (59) who are still on their first marriage. I met someone who had been married 7 times, he was a bit older than me but not much. Three marriages isn't at all rare. Two is common place. I'm not judging people, if things aren't working I can understand why people split up, but yes long term marriages do SEEM to be in the minority. Of course, the actual statistics may prove otherwise. As to why things are as they are, I don't pretend to know.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Some 15 years ago, I noticed that security cameras were being fitted to a local private infant school. A rare occurance in those days. I asked one of the Governors - it's in case the wrong parent takes the child.

and if you go to our local Indian Restauant on a Friday night, it's very obvious that there are fathers taking children out to a meal.

We're just about, at the end of the month, to make it 53 years!

Reply to
charles

In message , Brian Reay writes

My experience is that pre-marriage (47 years) friends of ours are mostly still together. Engineering and teaching backgrounds might be an explanation. Unadventurous/boring people:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Yes, I've heard of similar things.

Congratulations. I hope you enjoy many more years together.

Reply to
Brian Reay

If divorce etc. is your idea of adventure and a way to prevent boredom, feel free to live your life that way. While I've no issue with people who get divorced etc. and I know many find happiness second (or later) time around, most seem to have had some very unpleasant times.

Reply to
Brian Reay

I don't believe DIY is mainstream anymore. Kids these days seem to want everything done for them. Totally helpless. How many here are under fifty?

Reply to
harry

Slow learner?

Reply to
ARW

Divorce is not the answer. Just a little adultery is needed.

Reply to
ARW