Totally OT - Webinars and Presentations

Hi all

There's no way I can justify this as DIY, except I'm the one charged with the doing bit...

Does anyone have experience of methods of making presentations available on line? Ideally I am looking for a comparison of the different software and hosting options with pros and cons.

Possibilities: Create a video and upload to Youtube; use an online presentation creator e.g. Slide Rocket

Wish list:

Retain copy of presentation locally Incorporate the usual media types: video, powerpoint etc. Control access to presentations in some way (logon or password) Include interactive element Maybe harvest user responses

It's a real long shot, but has anyone experience of this stuff that they can share?

Thanks

Phil

Reply to
thescullster

I use Cisco Webex all the time for work, and it's fine. But I have no experience of it whatsosever as an individual (e.g, does it cost money? I have no idea...)

Reply to
Huge

Thanks Huge

Which module(s) do you use? Are you creating content/training presentations, or are you an end user being trained remotely?

Phil

Reply to
thescullster

[24 lines snipped]

Modules? It's a screen sharing product. I just click on a link and it does magic things.

I use it to both present and receive presentations, usually during meetings, we don't use it for presenting training material, but it could be so used.

Huge

I use Gotomeeting

and have been very pleased with how the magic seems to work (almost) wherever I happen to be on the globe.

Reply to
unknown

Free and easy to install with many hosting packages which include CPanel or similar is Moodle. Vast numbers of university sites use it and it can produce excellent on-line material.

Peter Parry

Thanks Huge, Peter and Unknown I'll investigate these apps

Phil

Reply to
thescullster