Totally OT: Pet hates

I parked up in the local retail park this morning to drop SWAMBO off for an eye check whilst I picked up a few things from the shop. Not being the typ e that feels the urge to park as near the door of the shops, I parked in an area where there were acres of empty bays around to make getting in/out ea sy. Came back a few minutes later to find a woman had parked alongside me b ut not only alongside but tight up so it was a struggle to get back in and it must have been an equal struggle for her to get out as she parked offsid e to offside. This despite there were at least three empty bays on her near side not to mention the acres of empty bays in all directions. Now while I do expect an exclusion zone around my car I fail to see the logic of parki ng so close to another car that it is awkward to get in/out just to get a c ouple of steps nearer the door when there are acres of empty spaces availab le!

Got that off my t*ts!

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Next to the shopping trolley park?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Sounds like a candidate for YouParkLikeAC**t :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

Sorry it should have read " I do NOT expect an exclusion zone"

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Worse still, at the seaside you park on the beach away from the other cars so you can leave the doors open, set up the deckchairs, change the kids, and another car parks right alongside you.

Reply to
Graham.

Tricky Dicky scribbled

later to find a woman had parked alongside me but not only alongside but tight up so it was a struggle to get back in and it must have been an equal struggle for her to get out as she parked offside to offside. This despite there were at least three empty bays on her near side not to mention the acres of empty bays in all directions. Now while I do expect an exclusion zone around my car I fail to see the logic of parking so close to another car that it is awkward to get in/out just to get a couple of steps nearer the door when there are acres of empty spaces available!

A prime candidate for a keying.

Reply to
Jonno

Not exactly a pet hate, but I can't be doing with this phrase.

Why do people add the word "up"?

It does my head in.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

And the latest trend, starting every sentence with so.

Reply to
F Murtz

In message , Sam Plusnet writes

+1 !!!
Reply to
News

In message , F Murtz writes

+1 again.

Why do so many people use 'obviously' in every sentence, when they obviously have no idea what it actually means? Obviously.

Reply to
News

So?

Reply to
Mike Barnes

"Can I get" drives me mad.

Reply to
David Lang

In message , David Lang writes

Lend instead of borrow.

Brought instead of bought.

Reply to
News

Er no you have that back to front. We had that Andrew Marr this morning on Today saying that "so and so was bought in to fix ..." when he meant "brought".

Reply to
Tim Streater

draws instead of drawers

Reply to
charles

In message , Tim Streater writes

Either way round is bloody annoying :-)

Reply to
News

US expression? Like so many?

I dislike that phrase. Gets on my t*ts.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Gotten. Coming (back) shortly.

Reply to
harry

Are yuo saying you get up set :)

Reply to
whisky-dave

I thought that was standard Yorkshire.

At school, responding to "Can I lend your book?" with "To whom?" usually resulted in blank incomprehension.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon