Totally OT - iPad or Humbl type thingy

The Hudl2 has got an HDMI output for that.

Reply to
Bod

Yeah, but you'll end-up using whatever you bought for all manner of other things you didn't consider before buying ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

indeed. It didn't take me long to discover that the first 'tablet' I bought was very limited in facilities. I now have a Nexus 7.

Reply to
charles

Though if ~I was doing it much I'd by a Chromecast and then do it wirelessly (We have a smart TV and HTPC, so don't bother with any of it)

Reply to
Chris French

screen/monitor if required for TV viewing.

I use an Asus TF101 with 10 inch screen. It has HDMI for when using I player but doesn't have a USB port. I believe the latest Asus offering has USB. I love it. No problems whatsoever. Lawrence

Reply to
Lawrence

Nearly all android tablets will connect to a projector over HDMI, they have for years. I can even do so from my phone and could from my old phone (~4 years old). Of course a decent projector will work over Wi-Fi these days.

Well they had to, apple are playing catchup these days, they have been for a couple of years now as they copy features from others.

Reply to
dennis

So, what do you consider to be cheaper and better?

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

TBF, he said there were tablets which are cheaper. And there are. He didn't say there were tablets which are cheaper AND better...

I'm following this with interest, as the Hudl2 is top of my list at the mo, but I try not to give Tesco money.

Reply to
Adrian

Yes, indeed. The Hudl2 appears to have an HDMI output port which would enable you to do that, with a suitable cable. It's a feature which I use quite a lot on my Nexus 10 tablet.

Reply to
Roger Mills

You only need look at IOS8 - its been shlurping quite heavily from the Android cup.

Reply to
John Rumm

NewsTap works if a little quirky in places, note the free version only allows one newsgroup at a time :)

Reply to
lee

Most people have other various apps on their phone that will be signed in (eg. email, facebook, dropbox etc. etc. ) so keeping people out of your phone makes sense anyway.

There is a bit more to it than that, as you have to create a fake finger print. Not hard as such by the sound of it, but also requires some equipment, which means a random attack isn't likely.

Actually, you probably can't. It requires a good clean print. Most prints on a phone are probably going to be a bit smudged, or unclear as they over lay another one etc.

Reply to
Chris French

Many thanks to all respondents.

Just the sort of real user feedback needed to sort out the facts behind the sales PR.

Phil

Reply to
thescullster

Just one last comment - check the aspect ratio of the screen (eg ipad screens are 4:3). You might end up with black bars top and bottom when watching videos so videos might appear smaller than expected.

Reply to
matthelliwell