Totally OT - How much was todays pastie in the £1 Bakery?

Any guesses how much they cost? All the same price no matter which one you buy

Reply to
ARW

Ummmm... £1.00? (And .025 inch on the waist?)

J.

Reply to
Another John

Afaid not. And when someone gets the right answer then I will reveal why the apprentice got a bollocking (I was not too harsh on him but he is still a dick).

Reply to
ARW

Hmm. Hot take-away food, that's 20% VAT innit? =A31.20.

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

It's not VAT related:-)

Reply to
ARW

A fiver.

'cause that's what you gave the apprentice and you didn't get any change.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Two pounds - they are meant to feed two?

Reply to
polygonum

61 quid because he got a parking ticket?
Reply to
The Other Mike

2 for a £1?

I'm working on the basis that you were working oop North where stuff's cheap, not down 'ere where you'd not even get a sniff of your almond croissant for £1!

Reply to
Robin

Oh - *excellent* answer!! :-D

Reply to
Another John
£2 as they come in two bits?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

What a useless flipping website

I know it's oop norf somewhere because they sell "barms [down ere that's what you put on your lips :-)]

but that's all it tells me. There's a new store opening, but no clue as to where!

Reply to
tim.....

On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 7:27:53 PM UTC, snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk w= rote:

well some supermarkets do special offers of say =A31 each or two for 3 quid= ;-0

Then there's the buy one get the second half price which is OK. The there's buy two and get the cheaper one for free.

So you could sell two for a =A31 and decide that they are 50p each so only = charge for one at 50p and give the other one free.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Sainsbury's do 3 for the price of two (actually it's mix and match with the cheapest free) so I've just bought three for £1:50.....:-)

Reply to
Terry Fields

Not like ASDA then.. £1.79 each or two for £1.50 for something I bought last week.

Reply to
dennis

Mind you, I think I was subconsciously assuming that a man of Adam's calibre would, if in London, send the apprentice off to the nearest branch of Paul's Boulangerie for his snap :)

Reply to
Robin

You are about the closest so far. So here is the full answer.

It turns out the pasties are 80p each or 2 for a £1 (as I found out at dinner time when I went to the shop)

And why did it cost me 80p? It was because the dick paid for my pastie separately to his pastie!

I did explain that he had wasted 60p but I don't think it sunk in.

Reply to
ARW

He is not so thick. You got your pastie for less than a pound,be happy. He = got his for 20p, and survived the roasting you gave him, and is now laughin= g with his mates how he got one over on you.

Reply to
misterroy

If I ever find out that that is true then I will kick his head in. He had no money so I gave him a quid to buy a pastie for himself and he did give me

40p change. I sort of assumed that the £1 bakers charged a quid for a pastie.
Reply to
ARW

so it sounds like you gave him two quid for two pasties.

Your apprentice goes to shop, finds that 1 pasty is 80 pence, or he can have two for a pound.

So if he did buy two separate ones, that's £1.60 to the shop and 40pence change back to you.

Now if said apprentice wanted to pull a fast one on his boss, he would have bought two pasties for 1 pound, leaving him with £1 change.

HE then gave you 40 pence change, which then means he's had a free pastie and 60 pence in his pocket.....

Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen H