TOT; Smoking in cars

Some pubs tried it, but when a mixed group of smokers and non-smokers went to a pub, the smokers always "pressured" the non-smokers to move to the smoking area ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

+1

+1 and bonus points.
Reply to
Richard

Out of interest, who is prosecuted, the driver or the smoker?

Reply to
Fredxxx

Not so. It is quite often the other driver, or the person on the floor who gets kicked to death.

Unless pretty continuous for years on end it is probably similar to the effect of going to a bonfire party. Undesirable, but fairly minimal. It is probably reasonable to protect staff, but the risk to casual customers (other than of annoyance) is not great.

Or anywhere that had an open fire.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Then in that pub, provide a room for smokers only. Even an outside room on its own. Not the draughty shelters allowed by law.

Oh - tell the many murdered or seriously injured where drink is involved that it only effects the drinker.

And the beer smell from the carpets? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Change your friends, then.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

All that hassle dragging the unconscious body out into the road? Naah.

Reply to
Huge

There should be a law against them!

Reply to
Adrian

Just guessing, the driver. The driver always has the option of not moving the vehicle with a non-compliant passenger.

Reply to
Richard

Sutcliffe managed to do it;-)

Reply to
ARW

Radical, but not a bad idea. Outlaw victims - that'll f*ck up those who feel persecuted.

Reply to
Richard

they never created that Yellow effect.

Reply to
charles

The driver has the option (it should be a legal right IMHO) to knock out a non-compliant passenger and that includes 17 year old apprentices that change the radio station on my van radio.

Reply to
ARW

I was thinking more of laws against driving after drinking, and against kicking people to death (after alcohol or not).

Reply to
Adrian

I'm OK with that. We can outlaw victims at the same time.

Reply to
Richard

I think it's both.

Reply to
David Lang

Even when their taste is more refined?

Reply to
Fredxxx

My van - my radio - my rules - their broken fingers if they do not do as told.

And the only rules are NO Chris Evans.

Reply to
ARW

Yup,

Reply to
Chris French

Perhaps more brown with reddish notes; but then there may have been more (cheap) cleaning going on in those days, and fewer expanded polystyrene ceiling tiles.

Reply to
Roger Hayter