TOT Gardening Chris Hog

I have transplanted the gladiolas from the front garden to the back garden as they looked like Triffids and were always getting blown, despite being supported by canes. I have planted some spring flowering bulbs in the front garden, but I can't see any summer flowering bulbs in the shops. Is this because the summer bulbs are not in the shops yet, or am I missing something?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Not available up north due to there being no summer to speak of

Reply to
stuart noble

I know where I'm better off.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Yes. Summer flowering bulbs are usually available in late winter or spring, March/April for planting April/May.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Reply to
Mr Pounder

I think they are seasonal certainly. What bulbs are you after? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I don't really know Brian. Just something that looks good and lasts for a while. My gardening skills are not very good. However, many people have admired my garden and Abdul from the shop up the road said "It is de best in de street" I'd love some plants that are irresistible and highly toxic to cats.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

The garden centres are practically giving bulbs away to make room for Xmas tripe.

Reply to
stuart noble

Ah - plants that produce substances that need to be broken down by UDP-Glucuronosyltransferase should do.

Reply to
polygonum

Chris says the summer bulbs are not in the shops yet. Expert gardeners such as myself do not use rip off garden centers, we pick up the bulbs when dragged out shopping. And we mark the empty packets with the date the bulbs are planted and where they are planted. Then, we lose the packets.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Link?

Reply to