TOT; Fiction

Reading a murder mystery/detective book last night.

Bloke described as over 6ft and slightly overweight hangs himself.

By his belt, from the light fitting in the bedroom......

House described as being on a new estate.

Those plastic ceiling roses must have changed since I last saw one (last week). Possibly an MK one?

Reply to
David Lang

If he was a Butcher, what did he weigh?

Hehe.

I suppose it could have been one of those combined light - electric fans and I know ours are fitted well enough to support a fair bit of weight because I fitted them ... or a chandelier of some sort (often seen fitted in a new build house)? ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Sausages? :-)

The old ones are the best!

Reply to
David Lang

His thumb?

Reply to
mark.bluemel

It must be real sickener for any poor sods who do try and top themselves that way though.

"Right this is it. Goodbye cruel world" Kicks the chair away.

A bit of a jerk (as expected) then crash bang wallop and they end up on the floor covered in plaster.

michael adams

michael adams

Yup. ;-)

Well, I'm not sure about that but at least that one was clean. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Oooh, crafty. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I know of fittings into joists in Victorian houses which'd probably take the weight/provide enough headroom[1].

And we'll know who to blame if really solid ceiling fittings are banned

- Building Regulations, notice/plans required unless fitted by a member of a competent person scheme, EU Directive setting maximum breaking strain for all new fittings, etc etc

[1] AIUI a lot of suicides are ligature strangulation so there's no need for a long drop
Reply to
Robin
[23 lines snipped]

Indeed, since you can hang yourself on a door handle.

Reply to
Huge

Was it in desperation at the low energy fitting supplied by the builder?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog