TOT Barclay bank, crazy security

They trust those that deal in cash least of all :-)

Reply to
Nightjar

Barclaycard security is a complete and utter nightmare. With them I have a four digit pin to use the card, a 5 digit one to use over the phone and a

6 digit pin to access the online banking. I also have a further "memorable " word to use in the online section, and I think a further password for the telephone banking.

Not quite as bad as the business banking site which I use in my job (infreq uently, but sometimes essentially). That requires the password to be chang ed monthly, but will not allow you to re-use a password (at all). And when you reset the password because you have forgotten it, you also need to res et your PIN; and again, that won't allow for a re-use of prior PINS either (though I think they allow a 5-PIN cycle). So I'm left with a password and PIN that is only memorable by having it written down (encoded) somewhere!!

Aargh!!

Reply to
larkim

How do you trust a password mananger? I might write one myself but would be reluctant to use one I didn't.

Reply to
Mark