TOT: Anyone in Reading area?

I have to go to Winnersh RG41 5UX tomorrow for a meeting.

Wondered if anyone local could tell me what the roads are like?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Not too far away - I am to the north.

Gritted main road past here is OK-ish. Side roads are icy. Temperature around -3.8. But going up later today.

Saw film on TV last night - semi-main road had some abandoned vehicles only a few miles away. Indeed, abandoned vehicles seem to have been a significant issue over past few days.

Reply to
polygonum

Fine - you'll just be coming off the A329M which is well used and cleared o= nto the trading estate by the junction. All the main roads are clear, and s= ide roads are gradually improving too. I would imagine the roads around the= trading estate are clear, as there's lots of vehicles accessing that area.

More snow is forecast for tonight, but I wouldn't foresee the amounts forec= ast causing a problem on these roads.

Reply to
PaulB

Abandon Winnersh! Invaders from the rough end of Kent!

Tarmac for the most part.

Reply to
Steve Firth

In message , The Medway Handyman writes

Black tarmac with white lines on them

beware of other vehicles coming in the other direction on the right hand side

Reply to
geoff

Not like Norfolk then ... ;-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Nothing like. The incidence of webbed feet and double heads is much lower.

Reply to
Steve Firth