TOT; Address on web site?

Do you have to show an address on a business web site? Anyone know?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

You might find the answer here:

At least, it is a start but you might have to read quite a bit.

Reply to
Rod

Anyone who wants to find your address already can. IIRC not hiding it on the WHOIS is all you are obliged to do:

Part timer

address on a business web site? Anyone know?

indeed - still seems apt for that lot ("business link" aka "chamber of horrors") they were absoultely abysmally sh1te when they were pushing their "services" at us a few years ago - laughable except we already paid for the w@nkers thru taxes etc !!!!!

JimK

Reply to
JimK

The short answer is yes. In the case of a limited company, that could just be the registered office.

I suspect that this is probably the legal driver:

this is notionally about e-commerce its remit is wider than just that.

Not sure if this is a good summary or not, but it seems reasonable:

John Rumm

expired on 1 jan 2010, I wonder how much its worth if someone registers it. Maybe it will be freed soon?

Reply to
dennis

> Hmm, expired on 1 jan 2010, I wonder how much its worth if someone > registers it.

Expires 5/08/2010 f****it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

This is a decent summary:

linked from:

John Rumm

As an aside, doesanyone know if it's possible to hide/withold your physical address if you own a .com domain name, as a private individual? I believe the rules are different to .co.uk?

David

Reply to
Lobster

>>> Hmm, expired on 1 jan 2010, I wonder how much its worth if someone >> registers it.

Just to show you are still stupid

Relevant dates: Registered on: 01-Jan-2006 Renewal date: 01-Jan-2010 Last updated: 23-May-2008

Registration status: Renewal required.

Reply to
dennis

Just to show you are even more stupid than we thought, I've check my account status online and it expires 5/08/2010.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Wrong. The domain registration has been updated today and it now expires on 01/01/12 Relevant dates: Registered on: 01-Jan-2006 Renewal date: 01-Jan-2012 Last updated: 27-Jan-2010

Registration status: Renewal request being processed.

Name servers: ns0.nhgdns.com ns1.nhgdns.com ns2.nhgdns.com

Disclaimer WHOIS lookup made at 09:54:54 27-Jan-2010

That is very recent change, I followed the orginal whois link and that showed 01/01/10 expiry, decided to check via domaintools and that showed /12 back to webwhois and that now shows the /12 date.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

To be fair, the details on webwhois.nic.uk should be correct, no matter what your host says. It looks like your host renewed it today (late!) after all

Relevant dates: Registered on: 01-Jan-2006 Renewal date: 01-Jan-2012 Last updated: 27-Jan-2010

Reply to
Toby

I have no idea what the legal/contractual position is. I do know that I do not do business with any site that doesn't display a postal address and landline telephone number.

Lawrence

Reply to
Lawrence

Which, according to a discussion on uklm, means all Amazon Marketplace sellers.

Owain

Reply to
Owain