Toslink to RCA converter.

In article , Dave Plowman (News) scribeth thus

Done just that on some Audix desks we're recently refurbished and very clear they are with white LEDS too!.

Reply to
tony sayer

What you do do for most radio stations is you put an Orban or Ommnia processor in line with the transmitter and it sorts out most all of the c*ck ups along the way!.

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , Dave Plowman (News) scribeth thus

And most operators can't move faders in 10 ms either;!...

Yes nice instrument, been trying the get to learn how to play one properly;!.

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , Dave Liquorice scribeth thus

If its a twin theres a very useful window, along the top, we used the white strip light from Maplins looks reet grand:)

They still do you can get them new. Clearance now don't suppose anyone puts them on new desks . Look very nice in operation the Stereo twin and the sum and difference:)..

tony sayer

Fine provided you don't mind a dynamic range of f all. So OK for pop. TV is mainly speech. Do you really want is sounding like LBC?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , Dave Plowman (News) scribeth thus

Well in reality most all radio is listened to under "challenging" conditions so audio processing is a need thats well, needed!. OK if its classical concert off radio 3 in the evening where the 320 odd K net feed is a very good source, but for most all other radio it does need processing. However that can be badly done as well as good!....

Reply to
tony sayer

Really? I listen to radio a lot but not under the sort of challenging circumstances LBC (Talk Radio) seem to think needs compressing to within an inch of its life. And pop music generally already has a limited dynamic range.

Luckily, R4 doesn't go in for this anyway. ;-)

But we were talking TV sound. And I'd rather have to reach for the remote on occasion than have it all stuffed through one of those processors set to even everything out.

However, proper care in the balancing of levels between progs and commercials would sort it out anyway. And pigs may fly.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , Dave Plowman (News) scribeth thus

You do Dave, a lot of others don't or can't...

No just s**te poor rates on Dabble..

Oh yes, TV sound a different kettle of mic's ;!....

Reply to
tony sayer

carried

minuets

Do the automated pop playout stations observe the 11th Hour of the

11th Day of the 11th Month?

It's the one I try to observe, others are just a "convience" and I never really liked minute silences for some individuals passing. The more recent trend of a minutes applause for such things I find much more accpetable.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice