Toshiba laptop USB ports both dead

To be honest with you it sounds like hardware. If the system is saying its OK, and its not working one can be fairly certain its saying to the computer, all is fine. the fact that its not working in a hardware sense is the issue. Was anything out of the ordinary connected to a usb recently? Brian

Reply to
Brian_Gaff

Is this a real mouse plugged into usb? It sounds like the voltage on the usb is dying or maybe not quite right.

Brian

Reply to
Brian_Gaff

In message , Brian_Gaff writes

Yes, I have come to the same conclusion. A couple of days prior to the USB failure, I installed a USB wireless adaptor or dongle, because the built in wireless facility would occasionally drop the signal. The installation was fine, and it certainly seemed to cure the problem.

I have not reinstalled the adaptor since that episode, just in case that was the cause. However, I think it unlikely that the adaptor overloaded the laptop, as Wifey regularly uses the spare USB port to run a pair of speakers, charge a phone and Ipad etc. The mystery is unsolved, but at least all is now working to her satisfaction.

Reply to
News