Topping up the pressure on a Sime Friendly Format 80E boiler

I haven't been able to find the answer to this anywhere else online but I've got a problem with my Sime Friendly Format 80E water boiler.

The pressure's dropped to about 0.3-0.5 instead of the 1.0 it usually hovers around.

I have a filling loop to top it up, so was going to try that before calling an engineer, but it's been so long since I've needed to use it I've forgotten what to do next.

I've connected it up, but there's a nut or a screw near each connection that can be turned, but the nut by the connection where the pipe is hot just leaks water if I unscrew it, and the screw by the connection where the pipe is cold just won't turn*. I thought that was the one I used to turn before but it's stiff as a board.

In this page:

filling loop looks like the one on the right-hand picture but I still don't know what to turn on the boiler to make the water exchange happen. I'm sure it was just one of the two things I mentioned as opposed to both.

(*Actually, I managed to turn (anticlockwise) the very stiff screw, close to the cold pipe, but then that started leaking water as well so neither seem like the right thing and they're the only two things I can turn in the vicinity)

Does anyone know, please? TIA,

Dom

Reply to
Dom Robinson