Top basket not waking dishes properly

I have a Kenwood dishwasher and for some reason it doesn't wash the dishes in the top basket properly. It leaves them with dried on fine bits and I have to re wash them in the bottom basket. Why is it doing this? Filters have been cleaned and top rota arm has been checked for blockages and I also make sure it is able to spin properly before I put the dishwasher on.

Reply to
leastie

Google the words "dishwasher top rack dishes not clean"

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Make sure the dishes are fully awake before you put them in the dishwasher!

Reply to
Murmansk

I had this trouble with a new dishwasher. The problem was simply that I wasn't pushing the top rack sufficiently firmly home, so the feed pipe wasn't engaging properly with the mating hole at the back.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

On 05 Sep 2014, leastie grunted:

Could be the pipework is clogged up with grease and gunge - worth trying one of those heavy-duty deep-cleaning bottles/tablets (as recommended to me by a dishwasher repairer). May be too far gone for that; might need dismantling to check for clogged-up pipework etc (mine did!)

Reply to
Lobster

SUBJECT: Re: Top basket not waking dishes properly

Your dishes fall asleep in the top basket?

they obviously find you boring then! :-)

Reply to
Stephen

Open the door during the wash program - is the upper spray bar rotating? If unsure note where it is (angle) then close the door, let the cycle resume, then open again - is the spray bar in a different position? If not then th ere's a blockage or other fault with the top bar

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

leastie wrote in news:e4f2b$5409be21$cf3aab60$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com:

I don't know your model but my old Hoover Dishwasher had an option for soing the bottom basket (half load) only.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Throw it away, buy a bottle of fairy liquid and a washing up bowl, far less to go wrong, no more hours of wasted effort trying to get complicated machinery to work, just as quick, no electricity required and it uses less water. You may even be able to throw away or sell half your cutlery and crockery that usually lies festering in your dishwasher for days accumulating germs etc just inches from fresh food.

Reply to
Tart on Toast

Only if you live alone.

Family of 4 - it's run once a day in the week and twice a day at weekends.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Funny, when I lived alone I ran my Hotpoint d/w once a week. Everything always came out spotless, even the crocks that had been lying "festering in my dishwasher for days accumulating germs".

Reply to
Tim Streater

Rubbish:

One study at the University of Bonn in Germany, the dishwasher uses only half the energy, one-sixth of the water, and less soap than hand-washing.

Reply to
Judith

In message , Tart on Toast writes

True

Since we moved house 9 years ago, I've spent maybe 2 hours trying to fix the old machine, before deciding to replace it. I wasted a lot more time on other things over the years :-)

Nope. We had a couple of months when the old dishwasher died, before we replaced it. It certainly isn't quicker to wash it all by hand

True, but elec consumption of a dishwasher isn't that much really nowadays

Nope, modern Dishwasher use surprising little water really. I'm pretty sure I would use more water handwashing a dishwasher load.

Ours goes on at least once a day.

Reply to
Chris French

Agreed. I wouldn't have given one kitchen space, but I was kind of 'coerced' about 20 years back ;-) Up there now with a washing machine as must have appliance.

I think a lot of people just don't get it.

Reply to
RJH

In message , Judith writes

But, for the price of a dishwasher, you can buy a lot of energy, water and soap - and a washing-up bowl takes up much less space.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Fresh food stored in a dishwasher?

Naah, it's c*ck in all circumstances.

Reply to
Huge

Did you live entirely on take-aways?

-- Richard

Reply to
Richard Tobin

Probably been trying to wash dishes in the fridge

Reply to
Gazz

Not a fair comparison as, unless you buy a punkawalla to actually do the washing up, you're not getting the washing up done.

Also, while typing:

My mother has an irrational hatred of dishwashers. My mother also spends her life moaning about doing washing up. Would I be legally allowed to drown her in a dishwasher?

Reply to
Scott M