Toolsatan - Sparky SDS drill

Sparks. Or sparklette if an apprentice.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yup, that's the one...

The noise on mine is exactly what you would expect from an angle grinder. In terms of function it works well, and the dust collection (if paired with an adequate vacuum) is very effective. Build quality is ok - better than all plastic. As I think I have commented in the past, it has the ergonomics of a set of bagpipes. It can't cut right to a corner, but its not usually too difficult to finish of the last few inches with an SDS.

I think if I were looking for one at the same price point again, I would be tempted to try:

which looks like a better thought out layout.

Reply to
John Rumm

Don't get me wrong - I am not slating it. Its certainly "ok".

Construction seems fairly solid (if a little too purple and glittery), and its got ample power. The clutch however could do with hanging on a bit more. In reality its not that much more effective than using my 780W Mak SDS for core drilling (which as you would expect has a clutch tuned for drills less than 4" in diameter!). I find you still need to take a very delicate touch in some more difficult walls.

;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

See my reply to John above...