Toolsatan oddity

But twice as many staff are likely to be off...

Reply to
polygonum

Not true. The illness rate may be double but holidays, etc. are a little more organized. Anyway just because there is twice the likelihood of someone being off ill doesn't mean there is twice the likelihood of two being off together.

Reply to
dennis

Simple answer to all of the above?

Pay any such staff in Scottish bank notes?

Job done nice one.

As a result the production of Scottish bank notes rises and RBS gets out of jail free and clear?

Now all we have to consider is the English owned Bank of Scotland? [ Lloyds banking Group]

There is the possibility that RBS may also be owned by an English company ? ?

Reply to
Apprentice 65

They're not legal tender in Scotland either. That is a lot less significant than you think. "Legal tender" means (roughly) money that you can pay into court to settle litigation.

Whether or not they are legal tender, it is entirely up to them whether they accept them or not. One pound coins are legal tender in any amount, but I think you'd find most shops would refuse to accept them to pay £1000 bill.

See

uidelines

Reply to
Martin Bonner

I don't think I would have much trouble receiving a thousand quid off anyon e who wanted to pour it my way.

(Name and address supplied to anyone interested in the protocol; TIA.)

Reply to
Weatherlawyer