toolsatan INSIDE a wickes?

"Toolstation Taunton opens for business to the trade and public on Monday 25th March. Located inside Wickes Extra on Priory Fields, this latest Sales Counter offers customers ease of access and ample parking."

Er.. Why would wickes want a competitor trading in their store?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

March. Located inside Wickes Extra on Priory Fields, this latest Sales Counter offers customers ease of access and ample parking."

Travis Perkins owns Wickes and Toolstation

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yers.. So still - why would you?

That wickes is an "extra" one with even more stuff than a normal one... So who's going to point out the price differentials on all the overlapping products?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

both firms are owned by Travis Perkins

Reply to
charles

Presumably TP think the TS brand needs a bit more "presence" but want to do it without buying/renting separate premises, why would they care which till the money goes in, it's all the same group?

Reply to
Andy Burns

And it'll make shelf space in Wickes for picture frames, dried flowers and cushions, to compete with Homebase and B&Q.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

They may well be going to rebrand the items and keep them separate so people identify the items 2with the brand.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Homebase Hanworth used to have a Moben kitchens concession in their store. I would guess that they reckoned it would appeal to a different clientele to those who would buy their own flat pack kitchens, so was worth the combination of rent and extra footfall.

My own take on this is "be judged by the company you keep"

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Surely it is, in this case, simply that TS fetches the goods from the shelves intead of the customers going round looking for them. Getting closer to four candles.

Reply to
PeterC

Be interesting to know which system is more cost effective as regards theft. I reckon sheds lose a vast amount through this on smaller items.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I think recently someone has been spellchecking sub lines with rather silly results.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

March. Located inside Wickes Extra on Priory Fields, this latest Sales Counter offers customers ease of access and ample parking."

It's a different market; a different sort of customer, isn't it? Each sees the "other" one as their competitor and resolves to shop in their "own" store. Both stores benefit, to the deficit of others such as B&Q.

Reply to
Frank Erskine