Toolguard VCI

Is it possible to re-charge these ?

Reply to
fred

If you look at the safety sheet, it says what's in it: "A blend of corrosion inhibitors, antioxidants, metals deactivators in a hydro refined napthenic oil"

So, I think the practical answer to your question is no.

Reply to
GB

When I were a lad, we had a grandmother clock at home, nothing special plain steel construction. A clock repairer advises us to keep a small pot with a cotton wool pad in it moistened with a few drops of paraffin. Despite an old cold damp 50s house, that clock never rusted or needed lubrication. Might be worth a try?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Use camphor tablets

Available on Ebay

alan_m

Sounds like old fashioned mothballs to me ?.

Reply to
Andrew

I think I took the OP rather too literally, ie could he get the same product in liquid form? I agree there are alternatives, including wiping everything down with an oily rag. (That's such a cliche.)

Reply to
GB

replying to fred, Paul Prince wrote: No, it is not possible to re-charge a ToolGuard VCI. They do however last a very long time. You can tell if they have stopped working when the distinctive odour is no longer present.

Reply to
Paul Prince

I'd forgotten about using camphor tablets. Ill give them a try, Many thanks

Reply to
fred