Tool-Net

A couple of weeks back, Tool-Net was mentioned.

I passed on the information from PowerTools and Fixings Direct (their sister company) that ToolNet were alive.

This was and is (apparently) true. But there is a twist (which in hindsight is not very surprising).

I went to PT&FD to pick up my studs, to meet some men loading the entire stock into lorries. They'd gone bust this week.

Apparently Tool-Net aren't bankrupt technically being separate (this is 2nd hand info) but caution might be advised assuming they are run by the same guy. This could do with checking for factual accuracy - were does one go to see a list of companies in receivership - Companies House?

I've kept it to the minimal statements of fact as were relayed to me verbally. I don't think it fair to pass speculative gossip on a public forum...

Cheers

Tim

My email is valid...

Reply to
Tim S

Many thanks for that, Tim. Fortunately your information a fortnight or so ago to me was timely indeed therefore, as I got my expensive items out of them and have only lost out a couple of tubes of glue. Makes me even more appreciative of you putting in the effort for me. Thanks for that again.

You, I guess form your comments, must have lost out on your studs which I'm sure is much more inconvenient.

Rob

Reply to
Rob G

FWIW the online T&C for Tool-Net imply the trading company is Fixings Direct Ltd :

"The brand "tool-net" and URL of "

" are trading names of Fixings Direct Ltd and for purposes of this document will be referred to as "Us" or "the Company". All aspects of
trading is undertaken by Fixings Direct Ltd at the company's registered address or subsidiary sites and can be contacted via the 'Contact Us' page."

Does not mean there aren't separate companies (eg there may be many variations on a name) but .....

Reply to
neverwas

Rob G wibbled:

Good - you were quite lucky by the sounds of it.

Fortunately I hadn't paid, and it was only 10 quid or so and I do all the house renovation stuff on CC anyway :)

Reply to
Tim S

neverwas wibbled:

Does sound like it...