Tonight's Property Ladder, Channel 4

It does.

Reply to
IMM

They are the most unfriendly Americans I have ever met. Odd people.

Who said I felt at home? I was glad to get out. Snowbird, a ski resort, was where the put together the TCP/IP protocol. A bunch of mainly student. A temporary measure.

Reply to
IMM

It was an overspill for London, but not a commuter town. It has enough industry of its own and companies are still locating to there. It is no dormitory city. It is now a city. Well the signs say City Centre everywhere.

Reply to
IMM

A train can take only 40 mins in to London. Abbey National's headquarters in baker St. They can take the tube a couple of stops to Euston and be in MK in 40 mins. All the Abbey operation is there. MK does not want to be regarded as a dormitory city, just a city in its own right. It even has its own League foooty team too.

Reply to
IMM

LOL. Andy you are so funny.

Reply to
IMM

Nottingham is depressing.

Reply to
IMM

In winter it is dire. It amazes me when people refer to the "north" as all one blob. There is a mountain chain running down the centre splitting it up. The weather in Newcastle is different to Manchester which is different to Liverpool. I looked at a weather map and the Merseyside/Deeside area has the same temperatures as Surrey/Kent.

Reply to
IMM

Have you missed the appointment for the clinic again?

Reply to
IMM

Not what I heard.

Reply to
IMM

They are stripping away exiting fragmented tiers and putting in one proper one. Central government will give powers to them.

Reply to
IMM

Our snotty uni man is odd. You have a point.

Reply to
IMM

I have. Brilliant.

With all those flies too.

Reply to
IMM

People have to live somewhere, so those subsidised field are good start.

The same water is pumped around and a man maintains it.

Reply to
IMM

I don't always live in London. I am glad you in the middle of nowhere. That is good for society.

Reply to
IMM

The way to change matters is to legislate against cars, as Ken is doing, legislate to drastically improve car efficiency, legislate to improve insulation and air-tightness standards in homes, legislate to make heating system more efficient, etc.

Note the word legislate. People will not do it by themselves, as estate agents will sell them tack. unless oil is hyped by 100% in price. Blair has a good record on the environment. Low efficient boiler are outlawed next year.

Reply to
IMM

SF is OK if you happen to be gay. Otherwise its rather dull IMHO.

Indeed, but there is precious little fun to be had anymore.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Oh .. and city tosspots who don't even notice the congestion charge as they

4 liter please. :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

There is no fun living in the middle of nowhere that is certain. There is lots of fun around me.

Reply to
IMM

Pretty much every post...

No, you don't.