Tonight's Property Ladder, Channel 4

Me too ... but the opposite way around ;)

Haven't been there, but I know I would love that sort of thing - for a holiday. Don't think I'd want to live it all the time. But then, people's values change with age - perhaps I'd want to retire there!

Sounds fine to me, just not my cup of tea at this moment in my life.

There sure are a lot of them and they are prats. But there are so many people here that it is also easy to find good decent people who are a valuable addition to ones life as friends and even colleagues. It's not all pin-stripe tossers here you know!

al

I totally agree.

Vegas is in the center of what used to be a mining area. Its brash miner playtime town to the nth degree. It had water, and was on the communication route.

It stayed successful because Nevada had very relaxed gambling laws, and in fact any laws....

"Hey there pard, what're you doin - you just shot a man in the street" "Officer, we was jest havin' fun" "Oh,. HAVING FUN! Well that's all right, you jest call the undertakers and get that cleaned up, but as long as it was only fun, that's what Vegas is orl about!"

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ah. Are you referring to the lies promulagted by Nu Laber there, then?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No, I don't think I have to go everywhere by car. I take the tube always for work or getting to the city for shopping, etc. However I do drive to the local shops (ie. Safeways, DIY sheds, etc.) and out to lots of different places at the weekends to find new things to do. And as I've said before, driving is a passion with me, not a lazy way of getting around. I drive very safely, but not in such a manner as some more timid people would be happy with when I find some nice twisty roads.

You'll get me out of a car about as soon as a sky-diver out of a parachute. It's nothing to do with pollution. I don't sit in traffic jams every day to go 2 miles down the road and sit spewing out fumes for the fun of it.

BTW ... if you really want to help world pollution, perhaps you could campaign about just about the only thing that will make a major difference to the world right now - changing US policy on the environment and getting rid of pandering puppet PM's like Blair who live up US president's arses.

al

I do. I LIKE the middle of nowhere. I KNOWE that I can shut this down, and piss myself laughing at IMM's stupidity, knowing that he is miles away in a world of his own, and with luck, will never ever cross my path.

If I lived in london, I might one day actually have to have the

terrifying experience of meeting him in person, or someone like him.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Foirst off, cows are not noted for their building skills, and secondly, why waste good land turning it into suburbia?

Well ist about time you attended to it then, as it must be costing you a fortune as well as being completely ecoloficaly unsound. Wasting all that water.

Yep. They probably do at that. No one in london can taste anything over the taste of diesel oil.

Er, right. I think we will let that one pass....

*Shrug*. The depths of your self deception are boundless.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

OK, food is good too. But it is NOT foreigner freindly. A very arrogant city.

Yes, something does. But look at the demographic of the people driving on the roads and clogging them up. SCHOOL RUNS ... grrrr ... there, I said it. What the hell happened to walking or school buses! Now I'm going to stop before I get really angry!

Oh .. and city tosspots who don't even notice the congestion charge as they cruise by in their 3.0 exec saloon ...

I really have no answers for what to do in London or Britain in general with trains and tubes. The damage of the last 25 years is beyond belief. But

*something* needs to be done. It's embarrasing!

al

Try Manchester then. East anglia has the lowest rainfaill in the UK..and is the hottest place in summer.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You know it would be really funny if you two guys were actually one and the same person with a split personality. Now that would be a case to write a book about .... ;)

al

Don't think so. LOTS of work around MK.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Oh no it isn't ....... all together now ..........

*donkey trots by* ....

Actually, hold on, I forgot, I agree with IMM on this bit ... damn ...!

al

Use it or lose it.

Reply to
Tony Williams

You are lucky..... the villages in rural Herefordshire have mostly kept their pubs, but petrol stations, post offices and village shops are very thin on the ground.

Reply to
Tony Williams

Its only the 9th of January, and we already have a candidate for "most depressing post of the year".

Reply to
Julian Fowler

... as Mike Harding once said of Brum: "how can a million people all have a speech impediment?" ;-)

Reply to
Julian Fowler

I remember looking for a job there ... while there was much more there than a lot of other places around, it really wasn't overflowing with the kind of stuff I was looking for. Maybe it's just me though ....

al

No they won't. The regional assemblies are about taking power away from local councils, not central government.

Reply to
Neil Jones

You actually believe that the new Regional Assemblies will do anything more than add a further layer of beaurocracy and expense to areas that can ill afford it. I'd agree with their introduction only if it were linked to a reduction in centralised government. We need less government, not more, especially not of the nannying kind.

Cheers Clive

Reply to
Clive Summerfield

Kind of like that polyurethane stuff that comes in a can. .andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

That says it all.... Tony's regional assemblies.......