Tongue & groove cladding

Where tongue & groove cladding is measured as having a width of 9.5cm, does that include the tongue or is it the width between centres when pieces are fitted together. Hopefully it's the latter.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I think it's usually ex-the rough sawn timber board it's cut from.

For instance, what the timber merchant specifies as 25*150mm t&g, what actually arrives is 19*143mm overall.

Reply to
dom

I was looking at B&Q's website where it's sold in packs of 5 ready for usea and the width of 9.5cm is given.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Have a look in Wickes. It says on the pack what area it covers & their Good Ideas Leaflet number 9 gives exact details.

The Medway Handyman

The cladding I got from B&Q a few months ago matched the cladding I got about 15 years ago, which surprised me.

It is 7.8mm thick, and the overall width on the samples I have, including the tongue, is 94mm. When slotted together (ie when the tongue is hidden), the apparent width of each board reduces to 88.5mm

Forrest

Reply to
Forrest Anderson